Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu has been recognized by its dynamic ground work utilizing submissions, restraining holds and apprehension techniques. Similar to Wrestling and Judo, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is quickly becoming one of the most popular grappling styles sought out world wide.
Although the grappling arts have been used effectively for the purpose of sport and self-defense for over two thousand years I place a strong emphasis on the health, wellness, aesthetic and therapeutic benefits of its practice.
The following are some of the many benefits gained from regular training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu;
- The ability to defend yourself against stronger larger opponents using leverage and control.
- The ability to end a confrontation with submissions
- Increased coordination, kinesthetic awareness and body intelligence.
- Weight loss / Weight Management
- Improved strength and conditioning
- Stress management and the development of emotional control in high pressure situations.
- Improved focus confidence, persistence and creativity.
- Learn to develop your strengths more effectively while having fun.
- Learn to communicate better.